Re: [TR] TR3 uneven A-posts height?

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, "list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 uneven A-posts height?
From: "Doug" <dougm1000@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 07:50:57 -0800
Paul Dorsey wrote:

> I made 'unofficial' measurements in the dark tonight.  It seemed that
> while
> both front wheels of my TR3 are at exactly the same height,  the two
> A-Posts
> are not.  The left A-post is an inch higher than the right A-post
> (distance
> measured from the bottom door hinge to the pavement on both sides).  How
> do I
> correct for this?
>
> I have never driven this vehicle so I don't know but that it was like this
> when I bought the abandoned project.

Hi Paul:

When checking the frame measurements the Service manual says to place the
car on a level surface on jack stands at the specified heights.

As a minumum, I suggest you would want to place the frame on jack stands to
check any of these type of measurements.

Also, how many spacers are under the floor, front inner fender pillar and
front fender?  Are they the same on each side and should they be?

Regards,
Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org