[TR] TR3; A & Bposts inequality?

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3; A & Bposts inequality?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:08:42 -0500
I spent the day trying to decide how to best begin the replacement of my
sills, rockers and floorpans on my TR3.  Several variables are still floating
around in my head.

With four square pads (As per the manual) under each of the left side's
outriggers; my A-post still lacks  1/2" of touching the inner sill/outer
rocker (B-post does touch the sill/rocker, thank goodness).   However, the
sill/rocker IS level with the pavement (which, I guess is most important!).
Unfortunatly, this may prohibit me from keeping both A & B posts at the right
height.  Maybe, the A-post hinges can be shimmed?....

I already know most folks don't use as many square pads, but my major problem
is the 1/2" gap.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3

p.s.- A post' is closest to the front of the car.

===     http://www.vtr.org