[TR] TR3 grill

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 grill
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 22:54:23 EST
hello all
we are talking about the TR3 small mouth front load grill. egg crate was it
called?
I have just bought a used one. its all there. but its very loose, I could
probably take some of the slats out with an easy try. is it just an
interference
 fit? I see no signs of weld.
what's the collective wisdom on removing paint from aluminium? aircraft
stripper!! I thought I read that's a no no. once the paints off I have access
a etch tank to really clean it up. its ok these guys deal in etching aluminum
24-7.
how where the grills finished originally? a form of anodize? to use a
standard architectural anodize to class I or II one has to use 6063 extrusion
or
5005 sheet. there is another anodize type, now known as "bright dip". its a lot

more spectacular than architectural anodizing and requires a different alloy.
I  can find out what alloy is used on brite dip but I cant test my grill
without destroying it.
thanks in advance
Frank

===     http://www.vtr.org