Re: [TR] Idle problem connected to the vacum brake assist

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Idle problem connected to the vacum brake assist
From: jim <jimbar@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:56:38 -0800
Ah, push in the clutch or take it out of gear?  Sorry I just had to say
that....

-jim

jim hearn wrote:

I have an idle problem connected to the vacuum brake assist on my '74 TR6.
It idles fine and runs pretty good but whenever I come to a stop, it wants
to die.  At first, I thought that the carbs just wouldn't idle after
revving.  Now I find that the only time it actually wants to kill is when I
am pushing on the brake pedal and the revs are low enough to be
affected.  I
guess it would be that the brake assist is causing so sort of vacuum leak.
Can anyone tell me what is actually happening and the remedy.  As always
thanks guys, Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org