Re: [TR] TR4 manifolds

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 manifolds
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:59:42 -0800
jimmuller@rcn.com wrote:
>>> I know there were a couple of different TR4 manifolds;
>>> are the interchangeable?
>
>> Exhaust or intake?
>
> I wouldn't think they are interchangeable.  One points up and the other
>points down.  Not the same at all.

That was good for spraying tea over the keyboard & screen.  In the
future, I'll try to remember to read Jim's postings in between sips of
tea and not during.

> Jim Muller
> without a TR4 manifold

I don't have one either :)

BTW all the TR3-4A intake manifolds will bolt to all the high port heads
and all the exhaust manifolds will do the same.  But as Jim pointed out
  it is not a good idea to switch between intakes & exhaust.

Though it would be interesting to see a four tube exhaust header
standing up a foot or more above the bonnet pointing to the front with a
big 2-1/2" SU sitting on the collector face into the air stream.  It
would be the ultimate ram air set up with really long intake runners for
low end grunt ;)

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org