RE: [TR] Coverting TR3A to rack and pinon

To: <DLylis@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [TR] Coverting TR3A to rack and pinon
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:27:55 -0800
> Bottom line:  if you want to go in that direction, you will need to
> convert to the TR-4 /6 steering column, with their style turn
> signals, etc.

Another option, which I've not seen mentioned here, is to convert to an MGA
style turn signal switch mounted on the dash.  It cancels by time rather
than steering wheel motion, so doesn't need a link to the steering.

The TR3 horn button can be kept operational using a method outlined in Bob
Schaller's "More BS about TRs"; and the stock lighting switches, etc. can be
retained.

But after learning how a well setup TR3 steers, I don't understand the rush
to downgrade to the TR4 setup.  If your TR3 steers like a truck, then there
is something wrong and it should be fixed.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

===     http://www.vtr.org