[TR] a-pst weld gives way

To: Alex <ambritts@ptd.net>, mike moore <MMoore8425@aol.com>, list
Subject: [TR] a-pst weld gives way
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:52:52 -0500
First off, let me apologize to the guys who responded to my email saying send
them a picture.... Well, After 4 days of trying to do so, I've concluded that
I need a new modem, new software, maybe new hardware.  I am still on a dialup
connection- reckon that's part of the problem....!!!

In trying to get the correct door gaps set I've concluded that the best way
for me to do this is... set the door in the aperture and go ahead and get the
correct door gaps.  Then raise that side's scuttle heigth by raising it about
1/2" over the unaffected side (as measured thru my TR3's jack holes
(simple-ground-measurement-to-top of TR3's scuttle with rule passing thru in
the floorboard if the floor is installed).  tHIS 1/2" TALLER MEASUREMENT
REQUIRES THAT LENGTH (37 1/2") OF 'PROP POLE' TO HOLD THE SCUTTLE AT THE
PROPER HEIGHT.   Then I weld the  bottom of the A-post to the sill.
Unfortunatley, THIS IS NOT HOLDING SUFFICIENTLY.  PERHAPS THE BOTTOM OF THE
A-POST WILL NEED TO BE WELDED SOLID IN ORDER TO HOLD!!!

IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE THAT I NEED TO WELD IN ORDER FOR THIS WELD TO HOLD?

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

tHANKS, pAUL dORSEY
60 tr3A

===     http://www.vtr.org