RE: [TR] 2 questions

To: "Tony and Jeanne" <whosgoofy@adelphia.net>, "Triumphs List"
Subject: RE: [TR] 2 questions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:26:50 -0800
> First, I id get the reply about the 1/4' spacers if I wantef to use the
> TR6 wheels.
> The question is when I change all the studs to the standard size,
> (longer ones than normally used on the wire wheels), I will have to use
> the spacers on BOTH the wires and the steel wheels?

No.  The spacers are to make up for the fact that the wire wheel studs are
normally shorter than the disc wheel studs.  By using the spacers, you can
reasonably safely install wire wheels onto the longer disc wheel studs.  But you
should not use the spacers with the disc wheels.

The TR6 disc wheels are exactly the same in this area as the TR3 disc wheels; so
the spacer issue is purely one of disc vs wire.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org