[TR] Brake rotors...paint?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Brake rotors...paint?
From: ray@raysmg.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:26:53 -0700
I'm rebuilding the front suspension on my '60 TR3; while doing so I'm
rebuilding the calipers (stainless pistons) and installing new rotors
and pads. I've painted the major suspension components with POR-15 and
am ready to start reassembly. The black hubs look nice; I even replaced
the sawed off splined hub studs (a couple were cross threaded) with new
ones of the correct length.

The rotors are stock (not drilled) and nice and shiny under the
cosmolene...but not for long. The old ones had rust pits wherever the
pads didn't touch.

I've got plenty of claiper paint left over and could easily mask off the
pad scrub area and paint the remainder of the rotors. Would heat be a
problem? Not for the paint...but for braking. The car is a casual
driver; no competition...mildly spirited driving. Black rotors would
sure look nice behind the wires.

Ray

Ray McCaleb
ray@raysmg.com