[TR] TR3A Rear Axle

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Rear Axle
From: John Wise <60TR3A@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 09:47:51 -0700
Happy 2007!

I recently removed the rear axle to have the pinon flange hard
chromed & ground and to replace all the oil seals.  After re-assembly
I noticed that the left axle shaft can be moved in & out about 1/8"
while the right has no such movement.  I tried to keep the shims with
the appropriate shafts, because one set was thicker than the other.
The shaft that moves has the thicker shims & the one that does not
move has the thinner shims.

Is this normal?  Does it make a difference?  Should I swap the shims?

Thanks

John

--
John A. Wise