[TR] Music Video -- Piano Dolomite -- on eBay

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Music Video -- Piano Dolomite -- on eBay
From: JoeCainPE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:43:12 EST
Found on eBay. A most interesting prop car, modified especially for a  music
video by Badly Drawn Boy (I never heard of this artist before this) for  his
song "Nothing's Gonna Change Your Mind." It's a Dolomite with engine,
transmission, steering wheel and dashboard removed, and replaced with piano
parts.
I'll give a link, but just in case the link doesn't work, you can search  by
the
auction number. It's Auction # 290070014252

_http://cgi.ebay.com/BADLY-DRAWN-BOY-TRIUMPH-DOLOMITE-THAT-PIANO-CAR_W0QQitemZ
290070014252QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem_
(http://cgi.ebay.com/BADLY-DRAWN-BOY-TRIUMPH-DOLOMITE-THAT-PIANO-CAR_W0QQitemZ2900
70014252QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I think the music video is pretty cool. I especially  like the "mechanic"
scene and the car wash sequence. The video can be viewed  from the eBay
listing,
but again, just in case:

_http://www.badlydrawnboy.co.uk/video.html_
(http://www.badlydrawnboy.co.uk/video.html)

As mentioned in the auction listing, some of the brief  clips of the car
driving are of a later Dolomite, with two headlights instead of  four. I
suppose
the Dolomite guys would have noticed, but I guess it gave some  confusion to
the video reviewers as to what model year was used in the making of  the video.

It's worth a look. To me, the price seems quite reasonable  as well, for such
a one-of-a-kind bit of music memorabilia, if one has too  much money and
plenty of extra space for displaying a non-running  car.

===     http://www.vtr.org