Re: [TR] Can we "do" ZDDP again?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Can we "do" ZDDP again?
From: "Jeff Fenwick" <jfenwick1@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:49:32 -0500
Well, the MaxLife and other oils seem to be recommended at 75K miles,
which is just a few years these days. As opposed to "our" cars
which may not have so many miles, but have engine technology
that is many decades old.

Anyway, it would seem that there would be a market for an additive
(labelled not suitable for cat's), as there is for like octane booster, or
lead substitute. Maybe that's forbidden, too. The additive industry
has such a poor reputation, it would be hard to trust them anyway.

I'm going to call a few hotrod shops, etc and will report back if I hear
anything definitive.

Jeff

===     http://www.vtr.org