Re: [TR] Reputable Chrome Plater?

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Reputable Chrome Plater?
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:53:58 -0500
I'm experimenting now with Caswell's zinc plating(copy cad) kit.   I
also bought their yellow chromate solution.  My first attempts were a
little dull, but I think I was using too much amperage for the size
pieces.  I kind of feel like I'm back in the chemistry lab in college,
with all the tanks and heaters and pumps going, buts its fun.  Most of
my plating was done professionally, but I have a few small engine pieces
that I forgot to do.  I think the secret is in the preparation.  The
better you polish the piece before plating, the nicer it comes out.
John Mitchell 76 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org