[TR] TR3 Bumper Brackets

To: "Triumph Mail List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 Bumper Brackets
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:08:40 -0500
I thought I would test fit a front anti-sway bar I had picked up at Carlisle
last year (Amco) on my '59 TR3 (chassis getting ready to be reunited with
its body, newly painted powder blue, after 5+ years).  When I mounted the
front bumper brackets, it was clear something was not lining up correctly.
My left bracket's end is not parallel to the front of the chassis and it
would appear that there is no way that this would mount up to the front nose
and bumper mount bar.  But, this one lines up nicely for the sway bar.  On
the other hand, the right side bracket seems to be shaped correctly and is
parallel to the front of the chassis, but the sway bar bushing bracket will
not line up with the bumper bracket.  Anyway, my question to the list are
the bumper brackets identical in shape or is one bent out further than the
other?  Also, does anyone have an extra set of these that are tested true
that they would be willing to sell (I just have this feeling that the ones I
have are bent)?

TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA