[TR] Carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Carbs
From: John Summers <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:38:02 -0800 (PST)
Ok friends and neighbors and all who love the name
Triumph.  I have risked being murdered in my sleep by
my spouse for purchasing Two Webber DGV carbs for my
'74 TR6.
Do any of you out there have any experience installing
these things? The bolt/unbolt part looks well within
my capabilities.  The erector set that follows may tax
my powers of logic.
I got tired of being afraid to take the car for a 20
minute drive, pull over for a stop and come back 5
min. later only to have the engine grind for minutes
and if I caught it just right I could get it to catch
and fire weakly enough to get moving.
Didn't want to rebuild the same thing/problem.  Wanted
something "modern" but could not afford TBI or
Supercharging,,,,,or a V8.
While I am toying with carbs, I want to drain the
coolant and flush the radiator.  Any surprises there?

Thinking of changing the thrust washers. Is that an
easy undertaking or should I have help.
Lost one of the u-bolts off the front stabilizer bar.
Any clues to getting it squeezed tight enough to fit
the bolt over it and get the nut started?
My rear lights prevent me from driving at night,
because they don't work.  Last summer I pulled every
contact I could find and cleaned them with fine
sandpaper.  This enabled them to glow for a few weeks.
I'm fed up with their BS.  I want to replace the
wiring from the lamps to the most reasonable place, to
get these things glowing again.
What about LED bulbs for the tail and brake lights?
Lubrication:  I hear some of the area's I need to
invade are pretty well hidden or in awkward places.
Point me there.

Someone please tell me the proper way to wire my
driving lights.  They worked at one time until I
started having battery problems.  Then I clipped the
wires to them.  Being 57 my braing isn't what it used
to be when  I was an "amature gynecologist" so all
this electricak mumbo jumbo confuses me.  I need to
hook up the electrical fan that has sat there almost
as long as the lights.

I have "Professor" Masters book but it is writtten in
electricalese.  My mind doesn't comprehend the signs
and wonders of an electrical schematic.  I need
someone to say "Ok, Johnny", we hook this green wire
to this attachememt,,,,,as many times as needed.  With
the fan, I hear tell there is an electronic switch
that clicks the thing on and off at certain
temperatures.  Who, what , when and where and how do I
get that sensor installed.
So, ok,,,,let me know.  I need all the help I can get.
Thanks
John Summers
Jacksonville, FL

===     http://www.vtr.org