Re: [TR] Wayward objects in sump (Was: Tappet noise)

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wayward objects in sump (Was: Tappet noise)
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:32:54 EST
In a message dated 1/24/2007 10:43:29 AM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:
> >instead of fishing the rest out it was pushed down the tube by
> >the replacement.
>
> Amazing.  Was that what locked the motor ?

I don't know.  I wound up tossing the motor before I pulled any of the
bearing caps so I don't know if it was frozen from the crank or the rings.  I
didn't
see any chunks out of it and it was just loose in there.

About all I have left from that car is the boot lid (on my TR8) the heater
core, the bonnet, seats (in the TR8), the transmission (in a friend's car),
alternator (also in a friend's car) and the rear axle (any interest?)

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org