[TR] tr4 suspension

To: "triumph list list" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] tr4 suspension
From: "Mark Vaden" <markvaden@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:56:11 -0800
Hi List,

I want to prepare my 62 TR4 for autocross, and I am focusing on the
suspension right now, and I have some questions.
1)I noticed that Moss does not offer front competition springs. Is
this because the front springs are stiff enough? I read somewhere that
the front springs are rated to 300ft lbs per inch which is stiff by
modern standards. Does anyone else offer competition springs for a 62
TR4?
2)Which front sway bar should I use? I see that the roadster factory
has an addco 3/4 and 5/8. Also Moss lists one in the beginning of
their catalog, but when I try and find it on the web page, it is not
there.
3)Should I use a rear sway bar?
4)What are peoples opinions about the competition leaf spring?
5)I read somewhere that you can reverse the upper a arm, therby
lowering the car. Is this something worth doing?
6)Are there any other upgrades that I should make? I already have
replaced the bushings with poly bushings.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

===     http://www.vtr.org