Re: [TR] TR3A steering silentbloc bushes

To: DLylis@aol.com, ray@raysmg.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A steering silentbloc bushes
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 12:52:53 EST
In a message dated 2/3/2007 12:35:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
DLylis@aol.com writes:

Thanks  Ray,
One more question.  The silentbloc bush between the idler arm and  the
steering arm was sloppy.  The rubber had "perished" in the  bonded  bush.
(the
drivers side between the drop arm and the  steering arm is ok  must have been
replaced at some point).  I  have the old bush removed and  cleaned up and
ready to
install the  new silentbloc bush.  I have put this  in my arbor press but am
hesitant to put the pressure on as the joint between  the taper pin  and the
bush
is bonded rubber and deflects a bit.  I do not   want to get it in there but
tear the rubber.
What is the proper  technique to get this bush into the steering arm?

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

===     http://www.vtr.org