[TR] TR4A Engine Tests - Questions

Subject: [TR] TR4A Engine Tests - Questions
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:36:25 -0600
List,

I am wanting to run some tests and have questions regarding.
Hoping the list can help.

1. Testing the vacuum advance on the dizzy - Is this a simple matter of
applying vacuum to the unit and watching for the points plate to move?
2. Cylinder compression test - Does it make any sense to perform a
compression test by turning the crank by hand?  Would the compression vary
according to piston speed?  Seems to me like the compression should be the
same, regardless of the rate of travel.

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

1965 Triumph TR4A