[TR] gauge rebuilding

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] gauge rebuilding
From: "Doug" <dougm1000@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 06:42:33 -0800
What do you use to replace the plastic lense/dustcovers inside the Smith
gauges that allows the gauge to be lighted with the shared bulbs on a TR3A
instrument panel?

I was considering using a piece off of a plastic transparency film but since
that is lighter than the original plastic I wonder if it will get too hot from
the light bulbs and other heat sources around it and melt?  What else do
people use to replace the aged and clouded plastic strip inside these gauges?

I am assuming they were not originally a clouded translucent color?

TIA

Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org