[TR] Outstanding sill welds? Pic available...

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Outstanding sill welds? Pic available...
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 9:01:35 -0500
Thanks all for your help with welding stainless.  The gapping hole now,
therefore, is not a problem!

The problem now is this:
I've temporaily tack welded the outer-bottom portion (flap) of both the A& B
Post to the inner sill.  However, no longer is the post's metal 'flap' flat
against the sill.  This is due to the molten puddle(?)of the weld getting
in-between the flap and sill.  The flap may even standup 1/4" away from the
inner sill. The welded balls of metal are almost this thick and are keeping it
from laying flat.

Of course, for now the post's and sill welding 'seem' solid.  And, if folks
approve of it's rigidity, I can add more such welds in order to permanently
hold it.  One side of the 'weld ball' is rigid with the inner sill, while the
other side is rigid with the A or B Post (at the bottom). But, I just wonder
if this 1/4" might be excessive?

I now have pics available of this exact problem if anyone wants me to send
one, just email me! It's only 63kb big.

===     http://www.vtr.org