[TR] Rear hub question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Rear hub question
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:45:21 -0800
On my '74 TR6, I developed play in the right rear wheel.  It turns out that
to tighten the outside nylon nut on the stub shaft seems to take it back to
normal.  Is it safe to do just this or should I pull the axle and at least
check for bearing end play or is there some way of verifying the proper
bearing clearance with the axle in place?

name of winmail.dat]

===     http://www.vtr.org