[TR] TR4A PCV valve

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4A PCV valve
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 05:25:38 -0800 (PST)
TJ Wrote:
Subject:        TR4A PCV valve
Date:           Sat, 27 Jan 2007
From:           btmfdchn@aol.com

Greetings...  Has anyone tried fitting a more compact
domestic type PCV valve in place of the big ugly one
found on the TR4A engine (and most other English cars
of the period)?  Things would look much tidier with a
valve routed from the back of the valve cover to the
intake manifold.  They are simply one way valves but
I'm guessing they may be rated for flow.

-TJ
---------------
Hi List & TJ!
I have been looking for others replies on this &
haven't seen any. Which caused me to do some research
by asking others this question. This is what I've
learned:

Yes, there are many different PCV's out on the market
for these reasons:
1- Cubic displacement has Some effect on this.
2- The amount of vacuum also has an effect on the type
of PCV to run.
3- Compression ratio has NO effect, as well as the
choice of which device is used for fuel delivery.
{carb vs PI}.
4- The choice of PCV is governed but the manufacture.

Now, If any one wishes to make comments on what I have
presented in this thread, then PLEASE feel free to do
so. I'm only going on others input tahat was given to
me.

I have e-mailed TJ about what his objective was & he
replied that it was for looks of streamlining the hose
in the engine compartment, as original stated.

-Cosmo Kramer
http://new.mail.yahoo.com

===     http://www.vtr.org