[TR] imprisoned nuts free'd from captivety?

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] imprisoned nuts free'd from captivety?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:29:57 -0400
Hi,
I am getting ready to reinstall my fenders on my TR3.  Most nuts and bolts
will be replacsed.  However, I am thinking that if a captive nut (which has
passed my quasi quality control) seems content to remain 'captive' then I am
ok with that.  But I will run a tap through it...to make sure).

Strangely enough, some of the captive nuts want to turn within their 'prison'.
What's up with that?  It does not appear they have been tampereed with before?
They don't need to be free'd do they?

While concoursites might oppose, i have thought about replacing some of these
'free'd prisoners' with Stainless steel COURSE THREADED nuts and bolts
(because they are easier to find).

keepin' it cheap,
Paul Dorsey

===     http://www.vtr.org