[TR] EGR valve problems

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] EGR valve problems
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 21:53:45 -0700
Apparently my EGR valve on my '74 TR6 is shot because if you spray carb
cleaner on it with the engine running, the engine wants to kill.  Since the
car is exempt from smog check, should I just block it off where it goes into
the block and manifold?  I don't see replacements offered for sale.  If
removing and blocking it off is the best remedy, does off hand know the pipe
thread size needed for the pipe plugs?

name of winmail.dat]

===     http://www.vtr.org