Re: [TR] Re: [6pack] TR6 drive shaft question

To: DLylis@aol.com, jmerone@rocketmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: [6pack] TR6 drive shaft question
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 12:55:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/2007 11:28:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
DLylis@aol.com writes:

I saw from another post that you are installing an HVDA conversion.
You need the locking collar on the TR6 shaft as the output flange on
the Toyota tranny has a floating spline as well.  Normally you do not
need a locking collar on a TR6 shaft.

the front part of a TR6 drive shaft slides in and out of the back part and
it slides thru a collar which screws onto the back part - I don't know if this
is what you mean by a locking collar, but is on all TR6 drive shafts and I
think  you do need it - unless you use something completely different for a
drive shaft  on an HVDA conversion

Cheers,
Jack Mc