RE: [TR] Alternator Conversion and Overdrive

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Alternator Conversion and Overdrive
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:12:32 -0700
> I particularly wonder if it doesn't have something to do with
> soldering the little yellow and yellow/green wires together.
> Or because I bypassed the yellow wire with an 8 gauge from
> the alternator, did I lose the power feed to the overdrive circuit?
>
> I'll be digging out my wiring schematics tonight when I get
> home, but wondered if anyone else had btdt, and had the
> solution in hand?

Your alternator conversion shouldn't have been close to any OD-specific
wiring (which is all under the dash or under the car) (assuming your OD is
wired as original).  Normally the OD gets power from two places : the back
of the ammeter, and the back of the starter push-button.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org