RE: [TR] front seal

To: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] front seal
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 16:54:14 -0500
Hi Jim,

The felt is to the center of the car. It rides against the vertical link.
Most of the new seals are thick enough to interfere with the bearing
preload setting. remember to lubricate the felt. You will want to recheck
the bearing adjustment after a few days of driving.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN

> Happy Memorial Day to all! I have a quick question for anyone that may be
> sitting at the PC. I am reassembling the front end on the TR6 and cannot
> remember the orientation for the felt grease seal for the inner bearing
in
> the front hub. Is it felt out/steel in or steel out/felt in. My logic
would
> dictate felt in, but I have been wrong before. Thanks in
advance!........Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org