[TR] Stromberg Carbs Idle vs Vent Lever

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Stromberg Carbs Idle vs Vent Lever
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 21:50:34 EDT
Hello list.  I have just installed the Rich Good's triple  strombergs.  After
some fanegalling, the carbs are on.  In trying to  tune the carbs I hae run
into a problem.  The combination of the idle screw  and the vent lever
adjustment is causing me a bunch of idle problems.  As  the carb goes to idle
and the
vent lever closes, the engine almost stalls.

Does anybody have info on the correct setting for the vent lever.  I  have
the info from Nelson Riedel, but all he says is the lever should be  vertical
when the throttle is closed.  Any suggestions as to this  combination would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Harry Mague
74 TR6