Re: [TR] TR3 Convertable top rear clips?

To: list Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Convertable top rear clips?
From: William McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:58:36 -0700
The TR3, a, b, used studs that went through the top (lift-the-dot
fasteners) all around the rear.  The T3 has no metal bar.  The Spitty
and the MGB used the same type of top holders, and you may well be
right that those shown are for the Spitfire.  I didn't think of that!
Regards, Bill

On May 28, 2007, at 7:45 PM, Brad Kahler wrote:

> Actually they look just like the ones on my mk1 spitfire.  I
> believe the TR3 used the same scheme for mounting the soft top.  On
> the spitfire there was a metal bar sewn into the bottom edge of the
> top that clipped into the clips shown in the auction.
>
> Brad
>

> William McLeod wrote:
>> The title is vague, too.  I believe they are for an MGB.  Regards,
>> Bill
>>

>> On May 28, 2007, at 7:35 PM, Paul Dorsey wrote:
>>
>>> Recently some TR3 Top Rear Convertable Clips sold on Ebay at:
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
>>> ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=ST

===     http://www.vtr.org