[TR] Torquing Tie Rod End

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Torquing Tie Rod End
From: "barry papaleo" <bpapaleo@distributel.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:45:46 -0400
I'm having trouble torquing the inner tie rod end on the passenger side of my
TR3A.  I have tried all the tips suggested in a similar thread on the list a
couple of days ago and seem to have seated the end properly, but the ball
still turns when I try to torque it to specs.  I've added a lock washer
between the flat washer and nyloc nut and have been able to apply enough
pressure to flatten it before the ball start turning.  I'm thinking that that
should be tight enough.  Any thoughts or suggestions.
TIA
Barry

===     http://www.vtr.org