> When I rebuilt the T3A, I put a new clutch and pressure plate
> in it. When I took it for a test drive, the clutch would
> barely engage. Car wouldn't go uphill. Tested the freeplay
> at the slave cylinder, and had the proper inch of movment
> before engating the fork.
Whaat ? The correct freeplay at the slave varies a little bit by source,
but should be more like 1/32".
This is measured as how far the pushrod can move out of the slave cylinder,
with it still connected to the operating lever.
> There is the fulcrum adjustment in the bellhousing that the fork
> rides on. Should I have adjusted that?
Ok, you've lost me totally here. Are we talking about a stock TR3A
transmission ? There should be no adjustments inside the bellhousing unless
someone has substituted something.
(Tedious but unavoidable disclaimer follows)
CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.
=== This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register