[TR] Re: Electric fuel pump failure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Re: Electric fuel pump failure
From: Acey2525@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 23:44:21 EDT
I had the same problem but was out of fuel.  I didn't know that my  gauge was
off by a 1/4 tank and had that loud metallic rapping exactly like  you
describe...I was sucking gas off the bottom of the tank.  I drove miles  like
that
and didn't actually run it dry but it sure was clanging.  Mine's  mounted on
the inside fender wall about a foot from the master  cylinder.

Cheers,
Jack McMahon
1959 TR3

===     http://www.vtr.org