Re: [TR] Lucas Electrics

To: skip47@powernet.net, dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Lucas Electrics
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:17:15 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Skip Gurnee <skip47@powernet.net>

Why does Lucas have such a bad reputation?  There's a story that Joseph
Lucas decided that HE would determine how long his products should
last, and
had his engineers design them so that they would last just that long....

==AM==
I suppose there could be some truth to what sounds to be a bit of a
legend. But then, Joseph Lucas himself died around 1902, so I doubt he
had much personal influence on the design or durability of most of
Lucas's automotive components! ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>