Re: [TR] TR3A inner sill replacement

To: "Andy" <Andy.dixon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A inner sill replacement
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:25:42 -0500
Andy,
I initially tried to do this right and brace the door gaps as other's
mentioned.  However, those braces came off during the intervening years, but
now that I've finished this welding/body work/chassis work., they look fine!
Prior to any sill work, it's essential to have the body and chassis
togather.   I agree that Roger Williams' book called, How To Restore Triumph
TR2, TR3 & TR3A, was very important and had alot of pics!

I'm uncertain if you already have the body on the chassis?  I think for
replacing those particular panels, it's pretty well imperative.  Another
place I was forced to deviate from the recommended procedure is that I never
have gotten around to replacing my outer sills (rocker panels).  My car
still has months to go before I drive it.

Good Luck,
Paul Dorsey  60 TR3 in Athens, GA

http://www.vtr.org

http://www.team.net/donate.html