Re: [TR] Rear Shock conversions

Subject: Re: [TR] Rear Shock conversions
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:17:50 EST
In a message dated 1/20/2008 12:26:11 PM Central Standard Time, writes:
> I am thinking about replacing the stock shocks on the rear of my 76 TR6
> with
> a conversion kit.
> I have done some upgrades to the front suspension and I find the rear not
> that firm or responsive on the highway.
> Just looking for some input from someone who has done it already and maybe
> some recommendations as to which kits.
I had the same feeling.  Even with my "heavy duty" rebuilds from Apple
Hydraulics I found the suspension to be underdamped.  I did the conversion
using the
one piece brackets that bolt to the old shock mounts and the shocks are nice
a stiff.

However, it might be worthwhile to send the levers to World Wide
and see if Peter can fix the valving to make them as stiff as they ought to
be.  I know my TR3 shocks are plenty stiff.