[TR] TR4 Engine/Gearbox for sale: NFI

To: "TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 Engine/Gearbox for sale: NFI
From: "Tony Gordon" <triumph@2simpleusa.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:38:52 -0500
I was offered a Triumph TR4 engine and gearbox recently by a non-technical
(both auto and internet) acquaintance. I cannot justify buying the engine and
gearbox (I know the trans will fit the TR6) and it needs to go to a good (aka
TR4) home.  It is located off I-23 just south of Arbor, Michigan.  It cannot
be shipped, and the pick up will require some muscle ... it is the middle of a
dry but very full garden shed!

The engine appears complete less the carbs.  It has a chrome rocker cover, and
the sump doesn't appear dented.  It looked OK without any signs of damage or
water leaks.  It did have the patina of a Triumph engine that has leaked oil
in normal quantities, that has acted as a preservative during its time in dry
storage.  It has the dist. and, I think, generator and starter.  The gearbox
is a non-OD unit, and appears clean and complete with gear lever and rear
mount.  Engine and gearbox are still assembled.

Beyond the above, I cannot tell you anything more, and nor can the current
owner .. it was purchased by a long departed boyfriend and his TR4, and she is
moving house and wants it gone.

If this is of any interest, please relay messages, approx. price you'd be
willing to pay and contact info., etc to me off the list so I can pass it on.

Tony Gordon
72 TR6

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net