Re: [TR] Wrong TR3 starter/flywheel combinations?

To: "'Michael Lang'" <mlang99@comcast.net>, "'triumph list'"
Subject: Re: [TR] Wrong TR3 starter/flywheel combinations?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:11:07 -0800
> If they are wrong, it looks like I am in the market for
> either a flywheel or starter. One of the two starters looks
> to be either fairly new or freshly rebuilt. Anyone interested
> in a swap?

Mike, I'm sure we could work out something, if you happen to be on the west
coast.  But those things are kind of heavy, so if you're east of the Rockies
you should probably look for something closer to home.

I mostly wrote to point out that the later starters will not fit in early
transmissions/bellhousings.  You might want to check which you have before
looking for a later starter.

That said, I would much rather change a starter than a flywheel ... if you
do have an early transmission (without the bulge to clear the later starter)
then one possible solution is one of the "high tech" gear-drive starters.
They are available in both early and late flavors; and the late gear-drive
starter will fit inside the early bellhousing.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net