Re: [TR] 1965 austin healey 3000 BJ8

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] 1965 austin healey 3000 BJ8
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:10:36 EST
In a message dated 2/15/2008 4:58:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
yellowtr@adelphia.net writes:

I took a  look at the listing. I know the AH3000 is a nice looking car with
some  umph and in demand, but is that project worth 11K?

I have to wonder how  much more $ would have to be invested to complete the
restoration.

Does anyone have a guess  ?

Bob

I have restored two E Type roadsters in about the same shape.

It would be nice if the car was in better shape than it is, but its most
important that all the parts are there.

For instance, to me, it doesn't matter what shape the engine is as long as
its rebuildable as i will rebuild it anyway.
It doesn't matter what condition the transmission is in as it would get
rebuilt anyway.
Instruments , in the grand scheme of things, don't represent that much
money. I have paid about that much for each of my E types, in about the same
shape. I spent around $45k on one and ca $60 on the other. I did all the work
myself except body and paint, which were my most expensive items.The body and
paint cost could be a showstopper unless you could do it all  yourself.

My cars are worth close to what I spent if not a little bit more  so long as
I figure my labor at .01/hr!
.
It also doesn't matter a lot to me whether the cost is $10k or  $12k if its
going to end up being a $80,000 or so  freshly restored big  Healey.
Just my opinion.
Best,
Mike Moore

Awards. Go to AOL Music.