Re: [TR] TR3 back up light question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 back up light question
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:11:46 EDT
In a message dated 3/19/2008 5:21:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

> do  you happen to know what the optional
> light, err lamp,
> looks  like?

Unfortunately, No, I don't.  No illustration in the parts  catalogue, and no
mention of it in the Lucas catalog.  Not in TRA  judging standard either.

Of course, I've seen several "period correct"  lamps just as you have, but no
way to know which one is "as original" ...  which of course means no one else
can say yours is "wrong" either  <G>

I'm planning to mount a nice Wipac to the top of one of the  rear bumpers,
perhaps with a halogen bulb in  it.

==AM==
I don't know for certain, but I would guess that Triumph would've supplied  a
Lucas L494 lamp unit if you ordered that part number, and possibly a Lucas
pull switch with a small white light in the center of the knob to actuate the
lamp. An ultra-quick search turns up this picture of the lens:

_http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=&pgCode=010&sgName=Search&pgNam
e=Lighting&agCode=0063&agName=Reverse%2FRear+Fog+Lamp+%2D+Parts&pCode=L4945457
7770_
(http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=&pgCode=010&sgName=Search&pgName=Lighting&agCode=0063&agName=Reverse/Rear+Fog+Lamp+-+Parts&pCode=L49454
577770)

If that link doesn't work, go to _http://www.holden.co.uk_
(http://www.holden.co.uk)  and search for L494.  Complete lamps turn up on eBay
every so often
and usually bring pretty good  prices in either the reversing (white lens) or
fog (red lens) versions.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

Home.

http://www.vtr.org