Re: [TR] Lucas's looseness limits lighting?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Lucas's looseness limits lighting?
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:44:04 -0700 (PDT)
British Wiring will sell you the proper crimping tool for the Lucas
bullet connectors. I initially balked at the price, but then was
very glad that I bought one. I crimp when I make repairs, and replace
the female connector blocks if there's any doubt. I assemble with
lithium grease, which does a good job of excluding moisture.

The factory soldered the bullets on using a solder pot. I've tried
to solder a couple on with big Weller soldering gun and believe me,
crimping is way easier.

Best,
chris

http://www.vtr.org