Re: [TR] Armstrong shock oil

To: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>, PeterSchop@aol.com,triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Armstrong shock oil
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:50:30 +0000
> >I have the rear shocks off the Six and want to replace the oil in them. What
> >is recommended for use in the lever shocks? A single or multi weight? I
> >remember in an earlier thread someone recommended going to
> >the local Harley shop
> >for shock oil.

Peter, when I restored my TR3A, I did exactly that.  Am right now looking at a
plastic pint of Harley Hydraulic Fork Oil Type "B."  It took just half the pint
bottle after emptying the lever arm shocks, to fill them back up again.  The
remainder will be used for topping off now and again when I finish the garage.

Terry Smith
New Hampshire  (The 3 is washed, waxed, greased, oil changed, and alternator
converted.  It gets inspected Thursday, then it's back on the road!)

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net