[TR] PUPPY TORN PETRONIX BOX!

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] PUPPY TORN PETRONIX BOX!
From: "dorpaul" <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 08:57:03 -0500
My puppy tore open my brand new unopened Petronix Electronic Ignition box
spilling the contents on the garage floor!  And she's bad to chew and carry
off things.  So I am wondering if I found all the parts.

Shown on ebay is a Petronix kit that is for a positive ground car.  THIS IS
NOT MINE, MY kit is for a negative ground car.  Pictured on ebay at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pertronix-Ignitor-Electronic-Ignition-for-Triu
mph-TR3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a3Q7c65Q3a10Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_
trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem190264150701QQitemZ190264150701QQptZMotorsQ
5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Although this ebay pictured item is for a positive ground car, and my polarity
is"-",
I seem to be missing a part shown. MY puppy torn box still has everything BUT
the clear bag shown pictured on the left.  It looks like I might be missing a
red thing in that bag.

But then again, I didn't see any bag torn open after I scolded my puppy!  What
does the bag contain?  What does that red thing look like?  It's hard to tell
from the untorn complete instructions if I am missing anything.
If I am missing that small red thing, what can I do?  Does anyone have an
extra one?
If I need to keep the car positive or negative, I'll temporairly do that!
What can I do?

Looking again, here is the same pic enlarged  for ebay, I can't find that
clear bag...
 http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=866071&image=19098401
7&images=190984017&formats=0&format=0

Mad at my dog, Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net