Re: [TR] Etiquette

To: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Etiquette
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 23:19:30 -0000
Andrew (and others) - a true story.
Some years back a very good friend of mine had a lady friend. The relationship
wasn't going too well
and he tried several times to bring things to a close, without success.
Whenever he attempted to do
this, there were tantrums and tears and lots of grief.
One day my friend decided that things really had to finish and he decided to
take the lady out in
his 1936 Standard 10 and to choose what he thought would be the right moment to
put down a firm foot
on the relationship. As luck (or misfortune) would have it, his delightful car
was admired by the
driver of another car as they passed slowly in opposing directions in a small
town.
To the comment of "nice old car" my friend replied, "thanks. 1936 model" and
thumbing towards his
passenger added jokingly "same year as her!"
The fact she was born about 20 years later didn't go down too well.
Needless to say, the relationship ended - for ever - in the middle of  Pershore
High Street and the
hospital released him from the Observation Ward three days later.

Jonmac