Re: [TR] Tr-3A Brake rotors

To: "'William McLeod'" <wbmcleod@gmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tr-3A Brake rotors
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:41:28 -0800
> Could someone tell me the correct thickness limits of the TR-3 brake
> rotors?

As I recall, there was no clearly defined wear limit given (this was before
the days when such things were required by law).  However, the discs are
about .500" new, and the workshop manual says not to remove more than .060",
so presumably .440" is minimum thickness for a rotor to be installed.

However, I've seen people run them much thinner, with no apparent problems.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net