Re: [TR] [6pack] Crank pulley rubbing on crossmember

To: "'Mark'" <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] [6pack] Crank pulley rubbing on crossmember
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:19:07 -0500
Mark,
The free play comes from the slotted motor mounts and then the drive shaft
has a splined slip. Plus over time the motor mounts "collapse/settle" so new
mounts help to "lift" the engine. When I reinstalled my engine & tranny last
winter, I installed new mounts and set everything back as far as I could.
Now I can easily slip my fan belt on and off the car.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD