Re: [TR] TR3 fuel filter leak

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 fuel filter leak
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:16:14 -0800
> I have the screen stuck to the metal part, then the rubber
> gasket, then the glass bowl.  Is that the correct order?

Yes, but there should be a lip that the screen fits inside.  The rubber
gasket should be between the flat lip and the bowl.

As TeriAnn says, the gasket needs to be replaced every few years;
particularly if you use the stock cork.  I cut a gasket from thick Neoprene
sheet many years ago that lasted much better for me; and the rebuild kit I
bought recently from TRF had Neoprene (or something similar).

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net