Re: [TR] Tires/Roll Bar

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tires/Roll Bar
From: "Randall" <>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:50:08 -0800
> Randall, you mention Coopers.

That was actually Nick Wolf, not me.  I was quoting part of his reply to my
earlier reply.

>  Any thoughts on Hercules tires?

Not from me, except that I don't see any 165-15 tires listed on their web

> Also, how many folks out there had a roll bar installed?

I don't.  IMO any bar that doesn't tie into the frame at least 4 points
(preferably 6) is only for looks and unlikely to be helpful in case of an
actual rollover.  And I've not been willing to hack into the car that much
(and live with the encroachment on cockpit space) for a "real" roll bar.