Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 167

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 167
From: Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:42:26 -0400
The previous replies are correct but I envision it a little
differently. First we should be talking about the TR3, TR4 coil
spring, three finger pressure plate, not the diaphragm pressure plate
of the 4A and 6. There should also be a return spring from the lever
to the slave cylinder mount. Unscrewing the push rod from the clevis
will move the throw out bearing up to the clutch fingers so that there
is no freeplay at the throw out bearing or the push rod and slave
cylinder piston. Set the lock nut 1/10" from the clevis and screw in
the push rod as stated before. This pulls the throw out bearing away
from the pressure plate fingers. The return spring keeps it there
until you push on the clutch pedal.

Allen

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net