Re: [TR] VIN tag rivets

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] VIN tag rivets
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:51:41 -0700
> You and I are not allowed to buy the special rivets used to attach VIN
> tags.

That may be true; but we were talking about the commission number plate on a
TR3.  These cars were made before there was such a thing as a "Vehicle
Identification Number", or special "VIN" rivets.  Technically speaking, they
had no "VIN", nor are they required to have one today.

My 56 TR3 was actually originally registered under its engine number.

-- Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net